Cisco Networking Academy In partnership with schools and organizations around the world, the Cisco Networking Academy program delivers a comprehensive learning experience to help students develop ICT skills for career opportunities, continuing education, and globally recognized career certifications.
The Internet is changing life as we know it and bringing new
opportunities to communities throughout the world, increasing the global demand for
information and communication technology (ICT) skills. Innovations such as social networking,
cloud computing, virtualization and mobile devices are changing the way we live, work, play,
and learn. These innovations are all powered by networks, and there is a shortage of qualified
ICT candidates to design, install, and manage these networks.
IT Essentials The Cisco Networking Academy®
IT Essentials curriculum introduces the technical skills needed to help meet the growing
demand for entry-level ICT professionals. The curriculum covers the basics of computers,
mobile device hardware, and software, while introducing advanced security and networking
concepts and the responsibilities of an ICT professional. The curriculum offers the following
features and benefits:
• Students develop working knowledge of how computers operate, how to assemble
computers, and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
• Updated relevant curriculum and labs are delivered in the Cisco Networking Academy
learning environment and include new topics such as virtualization and cloud computing.
• Expanded coverage on mobile device hardware and software configuration, plus
diagnostics and common security threats and vulnerabilities.
• Emphasis on the practical application of skills and procedures needed for hardware and software
installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
• Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking
and network security concepts, while allowing students to experiment with network behavior.
• Online assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and
• The course helps students develop the career skills needed to successful communicate within an
ICT business environment and interact with customers.
Earning your CCNA certification
The Cisco CCNA program offers comprehensive associate-level training and certification focused on the solutions and technologies needed to implement and administer a broad range of modern networking and IT infrastructure.
The CCNA program can launch your technical career through training and certification. Certification
requires one exam, Implementing and Administering Cisco Networking Technologies (200-301 CCNA).
This exam covers a broad range of fundamentals you need for any direction you want to go: network
fundamentals, network access, IP connectivity, IP services, security fundamentals, and automation and programmability. And the Implementing and Administering Cisco Networking Technologies (CCNA)
course can help you prepare to pass the exam, with hands-on lab practice for
real-world job skills. And it’s not just about the certification. Earning that logo
proves that you have real-world skills for real-world jobs.
• Launch your career with the new CCNA certification
• Master the essentials including security and automation and programmability, for rewarding work
in a broad range of roles
• Rev up your resume with the most highly respected associate level certification in the industry
• Boost your confidence by gaining real-world know-how
• Link that digital certification badge to all your social media profiles to tell the world what you’ve